8 Ryan Place
PO Box 76542, Manukau City Auckland,
09 262 3752
0800 EUROPA (387 672)
Mon-Fri: 8am – 5:00pm
We continuously strive to be a leader in the auto parts industry. Careful consideration has been given to the methods we employ when purchasing, dismantling, testing and preparing our parts for sale. This enables us to supply you with the highest quality parts. However, as some of the parts we sell are used and recycled, there is a risk that a part may be defective.
Under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (“CGA”), you have guaranteed legal rights for goods and services you buy. If the parts we supply do not meet a guarantee provided under the CGA, we will meet our obligations under the CGA to provide a remedy. These guarantees are in addition to any warranty offered by a manufacturer, for which you may have rights against directly.
If your purchase is for business purposes, as defined in the CGA, you agree that the consumer guarantees provided for in the CGA will not apply to the supply of those parts.
In addition to any rights under the CGA, we warrant that all parts are functional and fit for purpose for the following periods beginning from the date of sale noted on the sales invoice (not the date the part was fitted), subject to the terms and limitations set out herein.
Used and Recycled Parts 3 Months or 5,000kms*
New Aftermarket Parts 12 Months
New Genuine and OEM Parts 24 Months
* Warranty expires at earlier of the end of 3 months or 5,000kms
We pride ourselves in providing the best possible value for our customers and accordingly we will at times negotiate a reduced warranty in order to provide best value. For example, “Start-Up and Parts Only Warranties” may be available on certain engines and other major mechanical parts where those parts are purchased at reduced prices. Extended warranties may also be purchased for an additional fee.
Where reduced or extended warranty terms have been agreed, these variations will be stated on the sales invoice.
Parts supplied free of charge are never covered by any warranty. This includes, unless otherwise stated on the sales invoice, accessory parts that may be still attached to the purchased item. For example, in the case of an engine, this would include fuel system components, alternator, turbo, starter, clutch, distributor, water pump, fan, thermostat, hoses, cam belt and oil pressure switch, or in the case of a transmission, this would include hoses, pipes, oil, oil seals and filters. The condition of any such accessory part is the sole responsibility of the buyer.
Unless otherwise stated on the sales invoice, all engines are supplied as a “long block”. The long block is the engine sub-assembly that consists of the assembled block, crankshaft, cylinder head, camshaft and valve train. A long block does not include fuel system, electrical, intake and exhaust components. A long block engine replacement requires swapping out or replacing parts from the original engine to the long block. These parts include the fuel system components, sensors, alternator, turbo, starter, spark plugs, distributor, water pump, fan thermostat, hoses, water pipes, cam belt and oil pressure switch, oil pan, timing cover, valve covers, intake manifold, emission control parts, exhaust manifold, power steering pump, air conditioner compressor, flywheel, flexplate and clutch.
Incorrect fitting, abuse, overheating or modifications not intended by the original manufacturer will void the warranty. The procedures listed in the Engine Installation Procedure Check List supplied with the sales invoice must be followed and the Check List completed at the time of installation. A claim under the warranty must be accompanied with a completed Engine Installation Procedure Check List. Failure to follow any of the procedures in the Engine Installation Procedure Check List will void the warranty.
Unless otherwise stated on the invoice, all used transmissions are supplied without hoses, pipes and oil. All used transmissions are inspected before dispatch. This includes:
• removing the pan, filter and oil;
• inspecting the pan; and
• reattaching the pan with existing gasket.
Where requested and indicated on the invoice, all used transmissions are supplied with new a filter and gasket.
Incorrect fitting, abuse, overheating or modifications not intended by the original manufacturer will void the warranty. The procedures listed in the Transmission Installation Procedure Check List supplied with the sales invoice must be followed and the Check List completed at the time of installation. A claim under the warranty must be accompanied with a completed Transmission Installation Procedure Check List. Failure to follow any of the procedures in the Transmission Installation Procedure Check List will void the warranty.
The warranty will be voided and/or claim denied if:
• any of the checklists described above have not been completed and returned straight after installation, along with a copy of the sales invoice.
• the vehicle odometer has been disconnected or the kilometer or mileage reading has been altered;
• the vehicle is used in any form of racing, on or off track or any other type of vehicle competition;
• the vehicle is operated at any time outside of New Zealand;
• where a part has been sold on an “exchange basis”, any failure to return the exchange;
• in the event of any damage due to non-tradesman like or improper installation, negligence, alteration, accident or improper use, including damage or failure caused to engines or transmissions by overheating. To retain the warranty, safety and dependability of the part, it is a requirement that the part is correctly installed in a tradesman like manner by a qualified installer and that the vehicle receives all the scheduled service and maintenance work at the recommended intervals contained in the owners’ manual; or
• the parts have been used in a manner that is inconsistent with the use that a reasonable consumer would expect from the parts and the parts would have complied with the guarantee if they had been used in a manner that is consistent with the use that a reasonable consumer would expect from the parts.
The following will not be covered by the warranty:
• any damage caused when any of the following items for transmissions, engine conversions and/or engines have not been replaced with new or reconditioned ones: thermostats, thermostat housings, frost plugs, water pump, radiator and hoses, oil seals, electrical components and cam belt.
• the use of incorrect oil, lubricant and fluid levels as outlined in the handbook or manual. Where reasonable, you may be required to provide evidence that the vehicle manual or handbook recommendations have been followed. It is the customer’s responsibility to replace all oil seals when fitting these parts.
• any damage resulting from overheating, contamination, lack of or incorrect lubricant, inadequate or blocked transmission cooler or lines.
• any damage caused by a turbocharger, supercharger or other such part which is not an approved part or accessory.
• any consequential damage or costs, loss of time, inconvenience, loss of use of the vehicle, towage, or any other economical loss.
In the event a part is found to be defective, the customer should promptly notify us prior to removal or disassembly and supply the following:
• copy of the sales invoice or invoice number;
• copy of the completed Engine or Transmission Installation Procedure Check List (if relevant);
• any quotes from a qualified installer and for replacement parts.
We reserve the right under any warranty claim to remedy the situation in any manner at our discretion. We may choose to supply a replacement part or repair the part, or make a partial or total refund. We must approve any repairs and claim for labour charges before work is started. Any labour charges will be paid at the rate of $60.00 plus GST per hour.
A warranty claim can never exceed the invoice amount for the part.
This warranty does not limit any statutory rights the Buyer may otherwise have.